To celebrate the Leeds Dock Dragon Boat Race, one of Leeds Dock’s water taxis will undergo an exciting Dragon makeover in the lead-up to event day.
We’re therefore inviting the public to submit a temporary NEW name for the Dragon on the water taxi.
This temporary new name will replace either Twee or Drie (the current boat names) until Saturday 1 July.
The deadline to enter a name is 30 April.
Entrants need to provide an email address so that we can contact you if your entry is selected as the winning entry.
A shortlist will then be compiled by Leeds Dock management team and shared online for the public to vote for their favourite.
The winning entry will then be announced on social media and printed on to the boat that’s getting a makeover.
- The decision made by Leeds Dock will be final. The boat rename is temporary and will revert back to Twee/Drie after the Waterfront Festival has ended.
- There is no age limit for entries.
- There is no character limit on the length of the name.
- Leeds Dock reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries.
- There can be multiple entries per person.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be contacted by Leeds Dock and to have their name shared on website and social media.